Certificate of Eligibility
One of the first steps in qualifying for DFW VA Loans is ordering your Certificate of Eligibility (COE). The Certificate of Eligibility will verify your VA loan benefits, and tell us how much you can qualify for. It will also tell us if you currently already have a VA loan, or if you have claims against your entitlement. Claims may arise if you had a prior foreclosure on a VA mortgage.
The Certificate of Eligibility will also tell us if you are exempt from the VA funding fee.
One of the main things we are looking for on the Certificate of Eligibility is your entitlement amount. Entitlement tells us how much you can qualify for. Your entitlement amount is 25% of the amount you can qualify for on a new VA loan.
- Example entitlement:
- $104,250 entitlement (this is “full” entitlement) x4
- $417,000 maximum amount you can borrow (includes VA funding fee)
There are several ways to obtain your Certificate of Eligibility:
- We can order it for you. The fastest and easiest way to obtain your Certificate of Eligibility is to have your lender order it for you. Because we specialize in DFW VA Loans, we can get it for you fast.
- Mail in order. You can also obtain your COE by mailing in a form to the VA. The turnaround time is usually about 2-3 weeks, at which time it will arrive through the regular mail.
- Go to your local VA benefits office. You can also obtain your Certificate of Eligibility by going directly into your VA benefits office, where they can help you to process the request.
- Order online. You can go to the VA benefits website and order the COE.
We would be happy to help you obtain your Certificate of Eligibility quickly, and help you read and understand it. Simply give us a call in the office at (682) 238-1457 and we will give you straight, honest answers to all of your questions.
1668 Keller Pkwy. Suite 200
Keller, Texas 76248
P: (682) 238-1457Email: email@example.com
This website is not endorsed or sponsored by the Dept. of Veterans Affairs or any government agency.
David Thurber is a Residential Mortgage Loan Originator NMLS #249407, (682) 238-1457 - 1668 Keller Pkwy. Suite 200 | Keller, Texas 76248. Powered by Trademark Mortgage, Inc. NMLS #32139, 13150 Coit Rd. #100, Dallas, TX 75240 877 879-8989 Information subject to change without notice. This is not an offer for extension of credit or a commitment to lend. http://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org
Texas Mortgage Banker Disclosure
Pursuant to the requirements of Section 157.007 of the Mortgage Banker Registration and Residential Mortgage Loan Originator License Act, Chapter 157, Texas Finance Code, you are hereby notified of the following:
CONSUMERS WISHING TO FILE A COMPLAINT AGAINST A MORTGAGE BANKER OR LICENSED MORTGAGE BANKER RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR SHOULD COMPLETE AND SEND A COMPLAINT FORM TO THE TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF SAVINGS AND MORTGAGE LENDING, 2601 NORTH LAMAR, SUITE 201, AUSTIN, TEXAS 78705. COMPLAINT FORMS AND INSTRUCTIONS MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DEPARTMENT’S WEBSITE AT http://WWW.SML.TEXAS.GOV A TOLL-FREE CONSUMER HOTLINE IS AVAILABLE AT 1-877-276-5550.
THE DEPARTMENT MAINTAINS A RECOVERY FUND TO MAKE PAYMENTS OF CERTAIN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET DAMAGES SUSTAINED BY BORROWERS CASUED BY ACTS OF LICENSED MORTGAGE BANKER RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATORS. A WRITTEN APPLICATION FOR REIUMBURSEMENT FROM THE RECOVERY FUND MUST BE FILED WITH AND INVESTIGATED BY THE DEPARTMENT PRIOR TO THE PAYMENT OF A CLAIM. FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE RECOVERY FUND, PLEASE CONSULT THE DEPARTMENT’S WEBSITE AT http://WWW.SML.TEXAS.GOV.